3.24.2012

150 words on...

Due to a certain someone's birthday celebration, this 150 words is one day late. You all forgive me, right? I had a great day and felt all the good wishes and blessings that were sent my way. Thanks so much if you were a part of that!! Facebook is a definite time-waster for me and something I limited for Lent, but it's okay to trawl on there on your birthday, right? Facebook birthday love is a wonderful thing.

Today's post is written by the fabulous Briana Frazier Cannon of Bree's In the Kitchen. Go read her funny food blog...get great recipes and see fantastic photos of sunny Cali! I met Briana through her husband, Virgil. Virg and I went to JBU together. He was a good friend through the years and I was so excited to finally meet this girl he kept talking about! We've only been able to hang out twice, but there's some neat kindred spirit thing going on!  I keep telling her that there's some pretty nice houses on our street that are for sale... California...Kansas...I think they'd adapt pretty quickly.

Without further ado, please enjoy these 150 words on...Contentment.

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” - Robert Brault

The older I get the more I realize where I find contentment—In the little things. Yes, as cliché as it may be it truly is the little things that matter most and give the most happiness. The little smooches my husband gives me throughout the day …Contentment. The way my mom can tell a story about anything and captivate an audience…Contentment. Hearing my dad talk about my sisters and I with all the pride in the world…Contentment. Watching a seed I sowed grow into a plant…Contentment. These little things that are part of life seem so small in the world, but I know they will be the things to keep me most content when life throws a curve ball. God is not little, but I believe he gives us little things in life everyday to teach us contentment. Psalm 37:16, “Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?